9 Dec 2012

What will be the next Skype?

I talked with my family through Skype this morning. Because of the time difference, we always have to check what time works best for both of us. Maybe the best timing would be in the morning in the U.K. and in the mid-afternoon in Japan. Today, we started talking at 8am here and 5pm in Japan.

It seemed that they were having a good family afternoon. I kind of miss them, but I should be aware that if I were here only a decade ago, I would not have any means to talk with my family for free for so long like this. I am really thankful for the advancement of the technology.

We never know, but maybe in the next several decades, we may be able to travel back and forth between anywhere in the world very quickly and for free :D In that case, I can send my children abroad easily but can call them back whenever they start feeling homesick.

The downside of the technology would be if my future wife (or maybe me) is doting on them too much, she (or I) may force them to come back every night for dinner or for any occasion, which might be pretty annoying for them :P

No comments:

Post a Comment