8 Dec 2012

Stonehenge

I woke up very early in the morning today and went to visit Salisbury, where the famous Stonehenge is located.

Whenever I travel to somewhere for fun, I usually spend a good amount of time studying about the destination prior to. Since I was ignorant about history of England, I decided to read the book Sarum: The Novel of England by Edward Rutherfurd, which is about 1500 pages long! Even though this is a fiction, the stories were generally based on historical evidence. The story covers several thousands years of the history of Salisbury, so in fact it is still a fascinating job that he managed to fit everything into the ONLY 1500 pages.

Everyday, I woke up at 6 and read the book for 3 hours, and after I came back from the lab, I read it for about 4 hours. As a result, I eventually finished reading the epic in a week! Actually, this was the longest book I've ever read in English, but this fact actually shows that the book was very exciting and interesting :P

Since the book had the stories of the construction of the Stonehenge and the construction of the Salisbury Cathedral, when I visited those places today, my visions about the places in old days were so vivid and exploded in my mind. Fortunately, the weather was very nice today, everything in the trip was so perfect.

The more you know, the more you can enjoy something. I'm glad that I read the book ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment