24 Dec 2012

Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve


It apparently seems that Christmas is a very important day for people here. After I finished my work for the day, I went out for a dinner with my friend, but most of the restaurants were closed in the City Centre. What amazed me was even chain stores like Starbucks and Costa were closed by six pm. I knew they would be closed on Christmas day, but it seemed the day before was the same. We walked around it for half an hour and finally managed to find an Italian restaurant and stayed there for several hours talking about many random things.



I then went to the Christ Church Cathedral to join a midnight mass. This was my second time to visit the college, but it looked very different from the last time and even more beautiful in the midnight dark. When I applied to the University, I had no idea about the differences between colleges, so I did not put any preferences. As a result, the college I'm affiliated with is one of the newest colleges in the Oxford, so we do not have such a traditional chapel. Even though my college is a very nice college to live at, I sometimes envy those old traditional ones. It was a very nice experience to attend the mass.

I hope you all have a happy Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment