1 Dec 2012

Cotswolds Region

I visited a small village near Oxford city called Charlbury last week. A family living there invited me to stay at their house over the weekend. That was a great opportunity to experience the real life in the U.K. Even though there were problems of flooding everywhere in the south Oxford on the weekend, they tried to do whatever the things they could to make my stay enjoyable.

I enjoyed a traditional English dinner and breakfast. They also took me to the cities of Burford and Bourton-on-the-water, which are known as a part of Cotswolds region. Most of the houses in those regions are made out of Cotswolds stones which have a honey-like beautiful yellowish color, and have been there for several hundreds of years. The landscape was just like what I used to imagine when I thought about England. The problem was Bourton was actually almost "under-the-water" though.

We also went to a world heritage site, Blenheim Palace. I heard that was only a "palace" that non Royal Family owns. Anyway, that was the best weekend I've ever had since I came here.





No comments:

Post a Comment