14 Dec 2012

Baking Cake in a Rice Cooker

I have no idea what I've just cooked.

Several days ago, I read an article that introduced a way to bake a yummy cake using a rice cooker. Since then, I have been thinking to try it out. As I went to a supermarket today, I remembered about it and bought things that I thought I needed for it.

But when I came back, I realized that I had forgotten to buy butter! Also, I didn't have cups to measure ingredients or an egg whisk either. I should have postponed the cooking until I got everything that I needed.

But I didn't.

I usually strictly follow recipe just like when I conduct an experiment. But this time, I actually wanted to try something different!

Using my chopsticks, I stirred the eggs, aiming to make them into a paste.
I used to belong to a cross-country team so I thought I could do it.

10 minutes passed. There was a guy who ran out of steam.

Well, but the thing is, I'd already started. It was too late for me to stop. So, I decided to skip the step.

I poured sugar and flour into the bowl and slowly mixed them together. I now encountered another problem. The dough became too sticky, apparently lacking moisture compared to the picture in the recipe. So, I secretly added some water as a solution.

Then, I was supposed to add melted butter, which I forgot to buy. There were two choices as an alternative. That was either vegetable oil or mayonnaise. I thought for a while and then chose mayonnaise as I thought both butter and mayonnaise have saltiness to some degree.

Then, I set the unknown white thing in my rice cooker and pressed a button to start baking.

While waiting for it, I was looking at the image in the recipe.

Doesn't it look very yummy?

I thought I smelled something like mayonnaise from somewhere but didn't really care.


40 minutes later, it was finally time.
I opened the rice cooker.




Well.
I hope I can enjoy eating this.

No comments:

Post a Comment